Interesting new data was released today in the ADP Employment Report on data from August.
According to the ADP Employment Report, created by ADP® Employer Services, the private sector saw a loss of 33,000 jobs in August.
The data for nonfarm, private employment, looks like this:
- Small businesses gained 20,000 jobs. (+20,000).
- Medium businesses lost 25,000 jobs. (-25,000).
- Large businesses lost 28,000 jobs. (-28,000).
- The “Goods Producing” sector lost 78,000 jobs. (-78,000).
- The Service providing sector saw a gain of 45,000 jobs. (+45,000)
- The manufacturing industry saw a loss of 56,000 jobs. (-56,000)
A small business is defined as having payrolls with 1-49 people.
A medium business is defined as having payrolls with 50-499 people.
A large business is defined as having payrolls with 500+ people.
The growth shown in the Small Businesses sector breaks down as follows.
- The Goods Producing sector for Small Businesses saw a loss of 16,000 jobs. (-16,000)
- The Service Providing sector for Small Businesses saw a gain of 36,000 new jobs. (+36,000)
You can download the ADP Employment Report for free from the link below.